Sunday, February 13, 2011

V is for Vertigo . . .

Monday night I met a friend at the gym for a strength class.  During the class, I turned my head suddenly and the room was spinning. It was awful. I first started having this problem when preparing to move to Atlanta five years ago. It usually happens once or twice a year but is manageable with medication. This time, the medicine barely helped. I sat for quite awhile, waiting for the spinning to stop. Fortunately, my friend Diana ran into one of her co-workers at the gym and they were able to drive me home Monday night.

The spinning has lasted all week.  I missed work Tuesday and went to the dr. who referred me to an ENT. ( who I will see tomorrow) I pushed through the rest of the week but it has been so difficult.

I'm writing about this because today I actually feel closer to normal than I have all week and because I realize how much I take my health for granted. I have been reminded of so many daily blessings : feeling healthy, being able to drive, exercise, watch tv or read (not fun to do when your head is spinning), the ability to lay my head on my pillow to sleep, (I had to sleep on my back instead of my side), and being able to come and go without thinking about it.

Thank you God for all of the blessings in life. (Thank you bloggers for letting me vent about vertigo)
3 John 1:2

1 comment:

Amy said...

So true and thanks for the reminder! I hope you continue to feel better! Let me know what the ENT says!