Snow. . . my first white Christmas in Alabama and then in January four snow days off from work! I haven't seen this much snow in a long time. It was a nice break from work and I got a lot accomplished at home. Thanks to my friend Brianna for rescuing me one day to get out of the house to go to the movies.
Christmas morning in Alabama
Snowmageddon 2011-my back porch after just a few minutes of snow.
Over the holidays my trusty Corolla went crazy in my parent's driveway Christmas Eve. The check engine light came on, a loud noise was coming from under the hood, and black smoke was coming out of the back. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I had been looking at buying a new car for awhile but I have always had a hard time w/ spending money on a vehicle. God must have known I needed the extra push. I was very blessed to be at my parents when my car decided to die and I was able to borrow a vehicle for a couple of weeks until I made the purchase.
I am still running & currently training for Publix marathon/ 1/2 marathon (TBD) I found a group that's crazy/dedicated enough to run in this cold weather on Sat. mornings. (Although I did skip this weekend's run due to ice and 20 degree weather @ 8am). When I'm running, I often think of my spiritual journey.When I feel tired, discouraged or just don't feel like going any further, I see a correlation to the journey of life. It can feel challenging at times to trust God's plan or to keep focus on Him when there are so many distractions or when I don't know what is next. We have been singing a chorus at church lately that has been so encouraging and I feel a great reminder as we begin 2011. I pray that I would allow the riches of God's love to always be enough in my life.
http://www.kovideo.net/#/forever-reign-lyrics-hillsong-1161680.html
Happy 2011!



1 comment:
So glad you had a great holiday season. Thanks for sharing some encouragement, Joanna! I love Hillsong and enjoyed that song!!! Praying for a wonderful year for you!
Post a Comment