Monday, October 11, 2010

Spain pics . . . finally

Here are a few pics from my missions trip to Sevilla and our debrief trip to Malaga. I absolutely love Spain. The food is amazing w/ lots of tapas, the architecture is beautiful,and  most of all I love the people I met while teaching English at Parque Este church. I didn't realize how much I would care for this community and how this small church across the world would capture my heart and feel like a second church home.
Our project was to hold the 3rd annual English camp at Parque Este church, a strategic partner of Northpoint Church. The camp has been a huge success in the past and many local people will only allow their kids or themselves to go to the church during this week. There is a lot of negativity surrounding Christianity and evangelical churches are not very popular in Spain. The English camp brings in a lot of new faces including children and adults and several have started attending church as a result of this camp. The vision of the pastor is to see the people of Spain seeking a growing relationship w/ Christ.
I was blessed to be apart of this wonderful trip and I have a new group of people to pray for!


                                                      My new friend Rebeca (in purple) and her sister Esmeralda.
                                                      They attend Parque Este.
Marta (Rebeca's daughter) and Marta

Some of my students from the intermediate group.

World Cup- this was a huge deal in Spain and they won two games while we were there!

Maria, my co-teacher/translator


Two of my students who are sisters. They are only allowed to go to the church for english camp.

Teaching my class

The center of Sevilla at night

My favorite night-cookout NoNo & Maribel's house who helped start the church.We shared our testimonies w/ each other and Julie translated.

Pepe(the pastor) & his wife Mari, their 3 children Dani, Maria and Pablo in front. Our group-Kim, me Julie, Stephanie, Arinn, Tom & Amy.

Cathedral in Sevilla

Plaza de Espana


my view from the train ride to Malaga

Love this shot in Malaga


3 comments:

The Woods Family said...

I don't remember seeing some of these. You took some really great pictures. Thank you for posting this. :-)

The Deavours Family said...

WOW, this is awesome!!

Amy said...

Such great pictures, Joanna! It looks like you really were able to touch a lot of lives while you were there and made relationships with lots of women and kids. How exciting!