Sunday, August 22, 2010

visit to TN

I had a great weekend visiting friends who live in my college town. Obviously Clevegas is small, but I had forgotten some of the perks of life in Tennessee. One of my best friend's from college is now a professor at our alma mater and we had a fun weekend. She has previously lived in LA and Chicago, but I have to say that visiting Cleveland did not disappoint. Here are some of the highlights.
*Jenkins- our fave restaurant (Those of you who know and love Jenkins will be disappointed to know that they have taken broccoli bites off the menu. Someone complained they were too hot! I made sure to let the waitress know this was unacceptable!)
*Becky's Shoes- one of the all-time best places to buy shoes. Don't worry, I only bought two pairs this trip.
* $6.75 to go to the movies. (matinee, but still great price) We saw "The Switch".
* Went to the Ocoee River and laid out at one of the beaches
*Took Heather's husband's kayak out on the river. Then Heather came up with the idea to pull me in a float behind the kayak.We gave the locals quite a show.
*Visited a local winery and picked blueberries and muscadines to take home. Yum.

It was a fun weekend. Here are a couple of pics from the vineyard taken from my phone. My camera is in Alabama.
                                           Looking rough after the river & now picking blueberries!

The vineyards

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister recently burst my bubble with the broccoli bites news. I'm glad you let them know how unacceptable that decision was on their part. I'm sorry some folks think items that are fried in grease are too hot. It's sort of the point. Chill out and let them cool before you eat them! Geez!
I'm a bit jealous of your trip to Clevegas. I could use some TN time soon.
Mindyb

Amy said...

Man, sounds like a lot of fun in that little town! I love to get out and do stuff outdoors. Let me know if you ever want to do anything like that somewhere nearby, and I'll come and meet you! Glad you had fun!