Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My First Triathlon


Last weekend I participated in my first triathlon at Lake Lanier. This was one of my new year's resolutions that I wanted to tackle this year. My friend Sherrie signed up with me and we trained together w/ early morning runs. I also trained with USA Fit for swimming and biking. ( I actually only biked 3 times before the race) We had a fun time. I will say this was totally different than my 1/2 marathon or any races I've been in. The transitions were overwhelming and the hills were tough. I had to walk /run at the end so I didn't meet my goal time, but I finished. ( & I didn't drown:)Sherrie's husband Steve & daugher Sophie came out to cheer us on.  My co-worker also did the race after one month of training and some of my USA Fit group came out to cheer since they were racing on Sun.
After the race, we spent the day at the Sessa's lake house relaxing on the dock. Actually the scariest part of my day was jumping off their 2nd story dock!
Here are a couple of pics from the race. My camera decided to fog up that morning so some of the pics are not clear. I may have more pics later.



pre-race foggy pics

The swim ( we went out by age group & gender) I'm in the center w/ blue cap.

3 comments:

The Denbow Family said...

Congrats Joanna! What a HUGE accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome Jo! So proud of you for doing it and FINISHING!

Amy said...

Good job, Joanna!!! So proud of you and it looks like a lot of fun!