Monday, April 5, 2010

Surprise!!

I'm sure my sister will love this post since it highlights her new decade! Seriously, Deborah's birthday is April Fool's Day and a great time for a surprise party. Her husband Jake & I along with her sis-in-law Amy, planned to surprise her this past Saturday afternoon with at a party at her own house. (haha) We decided to have the party at Deb & Jake's since they had planned to have our family over Sunday for Easter, so the house was ready for guests.

It's hard to keep a secret from Deb. She is very inquisitive and likes to know everything. I think we pulled off the surprise pretty well. Deb thought we were going to dinner with family for her birthday and when she arrived at her house Sat. afternoon after running errands, there were no cars in sight. Here are a few pics of the day.

I love you Deborah and I'm so glad you are my sister!


Before Deborah arrived . . . 

Two birthday cakes- yum


Amy Kathryn made all of the decorations by hand


Me & the Wood's girls-Deb, Amy K & Kristen


Deb caught me grabbing a bite



Cornhole

Thanks to everyone who came out for the party, especially those of you who drove in from out of state! Jennifer, we wish you could have been there!

2 comments:

The Woods Family said...

That was the best surprise ever! I will never forget it. Thanks for making my birthday so special. I love you, sister.

The McGhee Family said...

Oh Joanna! Thank you for posting all of the pictures! Y'all did such an awesome job! I know it meant so much to Deborah! I wish I could have come too! Thanks for thinking of me.